Are you sick of the way that your teeth look? Have you tried every teeth whitening agent out there, and still cannot get your teeth as white as you want? Do you have cracks, gaps or even chips in your teeth that you want to be corrected without surgery? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may want to consider getting porcelain veneers. These veneers are great ways to get rid of the imperfections without the need for painful surgical procedures. Veneers are very cost-effective and will help clear up minor imperfections and flaws of your teeth.
What are Veneers?
Veneers are simply a thin layer of porcelain material or composite resin. These materials are placed over your teeth to cover up the flaws of your teeth. Veneers are an extremely simple solution, and they are increasing in popularity because of their simplicity and affordability.
Reasons to Get Veneers
There are many different reasons why a person might decide to get cosmetic porcelain veneers. Here are some of these reasons:
• Discoloration. Some people have discoloration of their teeth that they cannot get rid of with tooth whitening. The veneers will cover up mild to severe discoloration. Discoloration can be caused by a broad variety of factors, including cigarette stains and even coffee stains. Veneers will make your teeth much brighter and whiter.
• Gaps. Some people have a misalignment of the teeth. These gaps can take years to fix with orthodontics, and the process can be very expensive. This leads to many people just dealing with the gaps. However, if you want an affordable option to fix the gaps in your teeth or cover chipped tooth, veneers are an option. They can help give the appearance of the teeth are completely aligned.
• Chips and cracks. Veneers can help cover up chips and crack in your teeth. In addition to covering up the cracks, veneers can also help to protect the cracks and chips to prevent them from getting worse.
Consulting your Dentist
To ensure that veneers are the right choice for your teeth, you will want to make an appointment with your dentist. Your dentist will be able to assess your individual situation and help you determine whether veneers would be the right choice for you. In some cases, people cannot get veneers on their teeth because of the shape of their teeth or other reasons. Going to your dentist will help to figure out whether or not veneers are the right option to fix our smile.
The Cost of Veneers
If your dentist has approved for you to get veneers, you will want to know about the cost. Here are some factors that will make the cost vary for your dental veneers:
• Location. Pricing will depend on where your treatment is performed. If you live in a bigger city, you can expect to pay higher prices than you would if you lived in a smaller area.
• Dental insurance. Most dental insurance providers will not cover cosmetic dentistry, but there are some that do cover cosmetic dentistry. You will need to check with your provider to see if they cover.
• Material used. You will pay more for veneers if they are created out of porcelain.
• The number of veneers. Pricing will also depend on how many veneers you will be getting. In some cases, your dentist will give you discounts for getting multiple veneers at once.
• Dental health. If your mouth is in good oral health, you will see a significantly lower price. However, if you have dental issues like problematic gums or tooth decay that need to be corrected before the veneers, you will see a significant cost increase.
The Veneer Procedure
If you and your dentist decide that veneers are right for you, you will make another appointment to come in to get the veneers attached. The dentist will go over the front of your teeth to buff them. This will ensure that the veneers stick to your existing teeth. This entire procedure will take around 2 hours or longer depending on how many veneers you are getting and your individual situation. Your dentist will give you further instructions on your veneers. Getting the veneers will not be painful nor will they cause you a lot of
If you are tired of your teeth not looking their best, consider getting veneers today. You will be amazed at the change that it makes in your smile. Call your dentist today for a consultation on getting veneers to help improve your smile.